Friday, March 25, 2016

Book Blogger Hop: March 25th - 31st Blogging vs Reading @sportochick

Book Blogger Hop
The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly hop hosted by Rambling of a Coffee Addicted Writer

Rules

1. Post on your blog answering the weekly question.
2. Enter the link to your post in the linky list found on Rambling of a Coffee Addicted Writer. (enter your Blog Name and the direct link to your post answering this week’s question. Failure to do so will result in removal of your link).
3. Visit other blogs in the list and comment on their posts. Try to spend some time on the blogs reading other posts and possible become a new follower.  The purpose of the hop is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog.

This week’s question is submitted by Elizabeth at Silver’s Reviews!

March 25th - 31st - How much of your day is devoted to your blog, and how much is devoted to reading?

The blogging part of my day seems to take up a lot of my night time. Mostly because I am a perfectionist and keep playing around with it till I am 100% satisfied with how it looks and reads. Plus a lot of time is taken in setup making sure I have the author information and links done correctly. I do set up author templates when I am reading lots of their books or a series. But even then you have to verify that it is up to date.I also seem to spend a lot of time posting to Social Media. I need to learn how to minimize this and still be effective.

I seem to read in cycles I read 2-3 books at a time then prepare their posts. This does drive me crazy because I can get my books mixed up and thus it takes more time to make sure I have my facts correct. I have added notes to the books as I read so I can use it in my review. But I read every book straight through and put my life on hold. Not a good thing because I have lots of costumes or custom dressmaking to do as well. Working out of my home can be dangerous. When I travel to sewing gigs I read only at night and then do the review usually at lunch and then read again at night. Then repeat ;)

That is where I get myself in trouble, reading too many books and trying to go back and do my review. I think I am going to use my voice recorder, tape my review immediately after I finish reading it and let it automatically translate to a word document so I can edit and change as needed.


Thanks for stopping by. Leave a comment with you blog answer so I can stop by for a visit.

Smiles Sprinkled With Joy,

Teri aka Sportochick

~ Find Sportochick At ~ 
| Barnes&Noble | Bloglovin' | Amazon 

8 comments:

  1. I wish I was more of a perfectionist as I always see an error after I post, lol. Oh well. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather even being a perfectionist I still see some after I post. It drives me crazy. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I have no idea how you can read more than one book at a time!!! I have to write the review, or at least draft it, as soon as I finish or I will forget and get things mixed up. I am way too ADHD for that.

    Lisa @ Just Another Rabid Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny Lisa! That is where I get myself in trouble. I think I am going to use my recorder and tape my review and it automatically translate to a word document. Maybe then I won't drive my self crazy. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. It's very obvious that most of us bloggers -- whether we blog about books or something else -- tend to be perfectionists, with a LOT of attention to detail! But hey, we're presenting our thoughts to the world, and we want to do so in as perfect a way as possible. We want to make the BEST impression on people, after all.

    I really like your idea of recording a review on a voice recorder, so you won't forget your facts and characters, and can then go back and write the review. I never thought of doing something like this! I might give it a try.

    Having an author template is another great idea. This works uniquely for you, though, as you do tend to read a lot of books by certain authors. In my case, I'm a pretty slow reader, and don't always stick to one author, so I would not be able to do this.

    GREAT post, Teri! Thanks for sharing! And thanks for dropping by and commenting on my own BBH post!! Enjoy the rest of your wekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Maria and the great comments.

      Delete
  4. I don't like to blog before bed. I prefer to read a book as it relaxes me. Blogging or reading blog posts has a tendency to get my thoughts flowing a little too much and then I have trouble falling asleep. Insomnia and I are no strangers, unfortunately. So I do everything I can to make sleep come more easily.

    You and I are similar with our reading though. I don't like to go too long without writing a review, but sometimes it happens. I'll read two or three books before I sit down to write their reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have insomnia but I don't like to sleep. I am never really tired so I force myself to sleep 7 hours a night Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete