Friday, May 11, 2018

REVIEW X Marks the Spot by Opal Carew

Sportochick's Musings ~ This is more than an erotica it also includes emotions involving lost love and present love.




X Marks the Spot

by Opal Carew


Find The Book At ~ Amazon | B&N | Goodreads
Publisher ~ St. Martin's Press, St. Martin's Press Griffin
Genres ~ Erotica, Adult Contemporary Romance


Opal Carew takes desire to a whole new level in her latest erotic, standalone romance! 

Abi has been in love with Del for years, but they never got around to acting on their mutual attraction. And then she met and married his best friend, Liam.

But when Abi and Liam's marriage falls apart, Abi decides to take control of her life and find her happily-ever-after with Del. So when they're all staying in a country inn for her brother's wedding, Abi decides to slip into Del's bed and seduce him...except she accidentally ends up in Liam's instead.

Liam never stopped loving Abi, and he plans to use every blazing hot trick in his book to keep her in his bed...even if it means sharing her with Del.


This is the first book I have read by Author Opal Carew and there are parts of my heart that still hurt after reading this book.

This book was more intense emotionally then I expected. Yes, I was ready for the sexy hot interaction between Abi and possibly both men but being torn in half and loving two men is really hard on one's heart system. 

The author does a great job of both Liam and Del's emotional upheaval, how they feel about Abi and their own friendships. She takes the reader through how both men think in the beginning of the book to how they start to rethink their love for Abi when decisions have to be made.

I give this 4 STARS because this is more than an erotica it also includes emotions involving lost love and present love.


Received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review.





Hi. I’m Opal Carew and I write erotic romance for St. Martin’s Press.

I’ve been writing since 1993, though originally I wrote futuristic, urban fantasy, science fiction, paranormal and contemporary romance. These stories are set in the present, future, or alternate realities and most of my stories are steamy. I am now republishing these under the name Amber Carew.

As Opal Carew, I write erotic romances which always have a romance and a happy ending.

So why do I like writing erotic romance? I like being able to push beyond traditional boundaries. I like dealing with a woman who is growing and evolving – questioning her sexual boundaries and pushing past them. I have been writing stories that involve multiple characters and it’s fascinating to work with the interactions between them. What fun to write a heroine choosing between two equally appealing heroes?  My current project involves a group of several people who interact sexually and I find the scenario an enjoyable challenge.

I try to keep my characters real. I like to have a heroine with whom the reader can empathize. These aren’t women who just jump into bed with anyone. They find themselves in an unusual situation – something exciting and erotic – but a situation where they have to push themselves beyond their comfort level. As a result, they grow as a person. So often fear holds us back – of what others will think of us, of what we will think about ourselves – and we don’t follow our hearts. These women push past that fear.

Find The Author At ~

Find Sportochick At ~
Website | Twitter | Goodreads | Facebook | Amazon | BloglovinInstagram  |
Networked Blogs | Wordpress Pinterest (Book Reviews, Interviews, Promo)

No comments:

Post a Comment