Wednesday, March 20, 2019

5 STAR READ Dark Alpha's Awakening by Donna Grant

Sportochick's Musings ~ Cael and Death aka Erith are explosive in their interactions with each other.




Dark Alpha's Awakening

Reaper #7

by Donna Grant


Find The Book At ~ Amazon | B&N | Goodreads
Publisher ~ St. Martin's Press
Genres ~ Paranormal Romance


There is no escaping a Reaper. I am an elite assassin, part of a brotherhood that only answers to Death. And when Death says your time is up, I’m coming for you…

Serving Death and the Reapers has been my life for centuries. I’ve always put my duty before everything, even my yearning for Death. But now, she’s fading – our foe is bent on destroying her and he will stop at nothing until he does. Death holds the key to our survival. I will do everything in my power to stop her from disappearing. For her, I will ensure we have the best fighting chance. For her…I will cross the divide keeping us apart.


I have been anxiously waiting for this book between Cael and Death aka Erith because their explosive interactions with each other on the pages in previous Reapers books to this series. After each book I read I kept thinking I hope these two get a happy ending.

This book fully explains who Erith is and how she came to be. The reader will get a clear picture of why she lives her life as she does and what the purpose for the Reapers is. This is thrilling for me because I wondered about her previous life every time she appeared in a book. For me a strong female main character is always a pleasure to read but I also love when they are sensitive without appearing weak.

Cael has been my favorite of the Reapers. As their leader he instantly drew my attention. What was intriguing with him was how he dealt with his feelings for Erith. I know this is a book and fantasy but his abstaining centuries because of his love for Erith sure warms a girl’s heart and makes her believe fantasies can come true.

Our villain Bran is still very dominant in this book as he keeps getting more and more powerful while Erith keeps getting weaker. 

This book is also a learning lesson on not waiting so long to tell someone how you feel because someday they may be gone and you will have everlasting regret.

This is a 5 STAR read.

Received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review.


My Reviews Of The Series ~ 

Dark Alpha's Claim (#1) My Review           Amazon
Dark Alpha's Embrace (#2) My Review     Amazon
Dark Alpha's Demand (#3) - My Review      Amazon
Dark Alpha's Lover (#4) My Review          Amazon
Dark Alpha's Night (#5) My Review           Amazon
Dark Alpha's Hunger (#6) My Review       Amazon
Dark Alpha's Awakening (#7) My Review       Amazon
Dark Alpha's Redemption (#8) My Review       Amazon



Find Sportochick At ~
Website | Twitter | Goodreads | Facebook | Amazon | BloglovinInstagram  |
Networked Blogs | Wordpress Pinterest (Book Reviews, Interviews, Promo)


No comments:

Post a Comment