Tuesday, November 8, 2016

REVIEW A Very Ruby Christmas by Lavinia Kent

A winter storm stirs passions long denied in this sensual Yuletide romance, a short novel featuring the characters who once led Library Journal to declare, “Ruby and Derek's chemistry is just as explosive during their unbridled trysts as with their slow, ardent lovemaking.”

A Very Ruby Christmas
(Bound and Determined #4.5)
by Lavinia Kent
Find This Book At ~ Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Published by: Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept
Categories ~ historical romance, erotica, very mature audience 18+ 



Madame Rouge—Ruby to her intimates—always makes the secret desires of her clients a priority. Now the time has come to fulfill her own fantasy, one so private it brings a rare blush to her cheeks. When Captain Derek Price returns from his service to the sea, Ruby will sell London's elite house of pleasure, leaving behind her very home to marry the sailor who has mastered every surging crest of her body.

Pity, then, the ill-timed arrival of Ruby's estranged half-sister, Jasmine, desperate for a warm bed and a sympathetic ear. Ruby is loath to marry the poor girl off to a stranger or, even worse, entrust her to the ignoble lord who has bid on the brothel. She has no other choice than to shelter Jasmine herself. As much as Ruby's heart races at the thought of a future with Derek, she now faces the possibility that, once again, her happy ending has been delayed—unless a Christmas miracle makes all their dreams come true.

A Very Ruby Christmas is intended for mature audiences.
 
Well this was a very unusual read incorporating many of the main characters from the other books to this series. It was done in a manner that to me seemed like there were lots of little stories within the main story.

The sub-stories were fully plotted and extremely hot reads. Each character will draw the reader into wanting to know their backstory if they didn't read their book already. I relish the erotica scenes as the author is a master at keeping the reader enthralled in what is happening.

I did not for some reason connect with Ruby or Captain Derek in this book. I tried. I really did. But I couldn't see how Ruby could be so strong as a business women and so wishy washy in a major decision she had to make. She did redeem herself in my eyes at end of the book and I once again was in love with her character.

Captain Derek is just a man in love who wanted so badly to have his women. I found his character passive and very strong. Yeah I know it doesn't make sense but when you read the book you will understand my statement. These type of men are rare and from my viewpoint hard to write but the author did a fine job with him.

Though I felt it dragged in some ways this was still a very good read and I recommend you read this book and see if you agree with my thoughts on Captain Derek and how Ruby redeemed herself in my eyes.

I give it 4 STARS.

Received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review.
  


My Reviews of the series ~ 
Mastering The Marquess (Bound and Determined, #1) My Review
Revealing Ruby (Bound and Determined, #1.5) ~ my review (not reviewed yet)
Bound by Bliss (Bound and Determined, #2)  ~ my review (not reviewed yet)
Sarah's Surrender (Bound and Determined, #2.5)  ~ my review (not reviewed yet)
Ravishing Ruby (Bound and Determined, #3) ~ my review (not reviewed yet)
Angel in Scarlet (Bound and Determined, #4) ~ My Review
A Very Ruby Christmas (Bound and Determined, #4.5) ~ My Review
Tangled in Sin (Bound and Determined #5) ~ My Review


Lavinia Kent is a former two-term president of the Washington Romance Writers and a four-time Romance Writers of America Golden Heart nominee. She lives in Washington, D.C., with her family and an ever-changing menagerie of pets.

~ Find the Author At ~

~ Find Sportochick At ~
Website | Twitter | Goodreads | Facebook | Barnes & Noble 
Amazon | BloglovinNetworked Blogs | Tsu Instagram  
Pinterest (Book Reviews and Interviews) 

No comments:

Post a Comment