Saturday, September 13, 2014

REVIEW Faelan: A Highland Warrior Brief by Anita Clenney


~ Genre ~ Paranormal Romance, Time Travel, Historical Romance, Scotland
~ Find This Book At ~ Goodreads | Barnes & Noble | Amazon


Secret warriors, Ancient evil, Destined love.
Highlander Faelan Connor was the most powerful secret warrior the clan had known, until a demon locked him in a time vault where Faelan slept for 150 years while waiting to save the world and meet his destined mate. Travel back to the 19th century and experience Faelan’s legendary journey as we discover how the Mighty Faelan gained his fame and if it’s possible that he met his mate before she was born. For the first time, we’ll find out what really happened inside the time vault. Read more of the Connor Clan’s exploits in Awaken the Highland Warrior and Embrace the Highland Warrior.

Note from the author: 
I wrote this novella because readers wanted to know more about Faelan's past and the mysterious events that propelled him from the 19th to the 21st century. I admit, I wanted to know more as well, so I traveled back into the past. I saw the Mighty Faelan as a small boy, growing up in a clan whose destiny was to protect humanity from demons. I spent time with his family, joined his adventures with his brothers Tavis, Ian, and wee Liam, and later on, his sister Alana. And in the end, I discovered that his past was even more compelling than I had imagined. I invite you to come along and experience Faelan's journey with me.


This book was written after Awaken the Highland Warrior but to be honest I felt that I already knew what Faelen would be like as a child/young man due to his caring, protective and chauvinistic adult character.

In this book you get a real feel for how special he was at a child and all the responsibility he took on at an early age. As he grows up you get to walk through his life from his perspective. This book furthermore clears up some curious questions I had from other books in this series.

I really enjoyed Nandor, his horse empowered by Michael as a protection while he fights the demon’s who is spiritually connected to him.  And even more intriguing is the romantic twist introduced while he was very young and who he meets in his dreams.

You really need to read this book and feel Faelen’s loving support for family and other warriors in his clan.

~ Reading Order and Review of Series ~ But the order can be switched. Faelan is a prequel so it could be read first.
Awaken the Highland Warrior ~ my review Amazon ~ Buy
Faelan: A Highland Warrior Brief my review Amazon ~ Buy
Embrace the Highland Warrior my review Amazon ~ Buy
Angus: A Highland Warrior Brief my review Amazon ~ Buy
Jamie: Shadow of a Highland Warrior my review Amazon ~ Buy
Heart of a Highland Warrior my review Amazon ~ Buy
A Connor  Clan Christmas my review Amazon ~ Buy


My name is Anita Clenney and I write Mysteries and Paranormal Romantic Suspense. I’ve worked in a pickle factory (picture Lucy and Ethel, hair nets and all--lasted half a day), a preschool, booked shows for Aztec Fire Dancers, been a Secretary, Executive Assistant, and a Realtor, and through it all, I’ve been in love. Sometimes it was wonderful, sometimes it hurt so bad I could hardly breathe. Then I found Mr. Right, and the two of us multiplied into a family of four. We live in Virginia, not far from Washington, DC, where we are slaves to a white Boxer named Lily, who thinks we live and breathe to buy new stuff for her to chew up. My husband is a Network Architect, and it’s a good thing because technology doesn’t like me. My son plans to be a famous hockey or football player, and my daughter will probably figure out a way to rule the world.

With scenes rolling nonstop in my head and my feet rarely on the ground, I should have realized that I was born to write much earlier in life, but alas, no. Not until I was on the wrong side of 40 did I hear the keyboard calling me. But then I tend to do things backwards.

When I decided to wrestle the stories in my imagination and dreams onto the page, my husband and kids encouraged me all the way. Even when I was in the middle of a heated battle with warriors and demons and forgot that people in the real world had to eat dinner and that dishes didn’t wash themselves, still my family supported me. Finally it paid off. After three years, eleven months and twenty-two days, I got THE CALL from my wonderful agent Christine Witthohn of Book Cents Literary Agency, who is really Wonder Woman in disguise. A publisher wanted to buy my story. MY STORY!!! Not just one, but three of them. A new journey begins and I hope you’ll join me for the ride.

Some of my favorite things:

God -- Family (greatest family in the world) -- Diamonds (ooh la la, do I love diamonds)  --  Blue Jeans  --  Interior Decorating (I admit I have a fetish for beautiful mirrors)  --  Trees and Summer breezes (there’s nothing better than the wind whispering in the leaves on a warm, summer day, especially if you're curled up with a book) --  Reading --  Shopping for bargains (I buy so many they’re no longer a bargain. Can you say one in every color please?)  --  Junk food (trying to control that but not having much luck) --  The TV show LOST  --  Loreena McKennitt’s music  --  Mysteries and Romance… of course  --  And my fabulous editing partner, writer Dana Rodgers, another of my favorite things. I don’t know what I’d do without her.

~ Find The Author At ~
https://www.facebook.com/groups/AnitaClenneyWarriors/
Join Anita's Facebook Street Team
https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/138948-anita-clenney-s-book-clan
Join Anita Clenney's Book Clan

~ Find Sportochick At ~
Website | Twitter | Goodreads | Facebook | Barnes & Noble 
Amazon | BloglovinNetworked Blogs | Tsu Instagram  
Pinterest (Book Reviews and Interviews) 

No comments:

Post a Comment