Friday, January 23, 2015

Book Review: Fountain Of Secrets by Anita Clenney

The Lost Chalice

A Relic Seekers Novel

by  Anita Clenney


Find The Book At ~ Amazon | B&N | Goodreads
Publisher ~ Montlake Romance

Genres ~ Romantic Suspense, Adventure, Fantasy, Mystery




She's a human bloodhound with a nose for relics, torn between her sexy billionaire boss and her hot bodyguard. Each would die to save her and to win her heart.

Kendall Morgan puts her sixth sense back to work in the second book of the Relic Seekers series, divining the history and location of ancient relics. Her boss, the gorgeous billionaire Nathan Larraby, sends her to Italy to safeguard a priceless treasure belonging to the Protettori, an ancient order of monks who guard four powerful relics that Nathan believes may be the cure for his dark curse. He also sends brooding mercenary Jake Stone to watch Kendall’s back—although her back isn’t all Jake has his eye on.

Nathan joins them, and all three tumble into a labyrinth of defenses created by the monks to protect their treasures, including the Fountain of Youth. They find themselves in England on the trail of the legendary King Arthur, who along with the Reaper, seems mysteriously connected to the Protettori.

Sparks fly and bonds are tested as Kendall and Nathan’s pasts are revealed and Jake’s becomes even more of a mystery. The trio must stay one step ahead of the Reaper if they want to survive.
Fountain of Secrets twists and turns through the shadows of myth and reality as Kendall races to uncover the Protettori’s secrets and fight her growing attraction to her boss and her bodyguard.


The second book to Anita Clenney’s Relic Seekers series starts off with a bang. This Indian Jones type book series continues to have me on the edge of my seat with its constant action, complex romance and exceptionally well-written suspense. I continually find myself reading her intriguing books in one sitting trying to solve the quest before the ending of the book.

Kendall is still on the go this time looking for the second relic with her able and hot bodyguard Jake and the sexy billionaire Nathan. In this story the two handsome men start to stake a claim on her and this causes some tension between the two men. Kendall adds to the confusion because she can’t seem to decide between them either.

I love how this story takes you into other times while it takes you through finding The Fountain of Secrets. Through all the twists and turns of this story never at any time are you lost or confused. In fact it is so well written that I was able to read quickly to the exciting end.

Last time I talked about which of the two guys may be her childhood friend. When you read this book you will start to form a more solid decision on which one is Adam but it is a cliffhanger for the next book. That’s okay with me I am excited to read the next book, The Lost Chalice, Book 3 of The Relic Seekers.


This is a great read for all readers and I give it a 4.5 STAR.

Received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review.

My Review Of A Relic Seekers Novel Series

Guardians Of Stone - My Review      Amazon
Fountain Of Secrets - My Review     Amazon
The Lost Chalice - My Review          Amazon



My name is Anita Clenney and I write Mysteries and Paranormal Romantic Suspense. I’ve worked in a pickle factory (picture Lucy and Ethel, hair nets and all--lasted half a day), a preschool, booked shows for Aztec Fire Dancers, been a Secretary, Executive Assistant, and a Realtor, and through it all, I’ve been in love. Sometimes it was wonderful, sometimes it hurt so bad I could hardly breathe. Then I found Mr. Right, and the two of us multiplied into a family of four. We live in Virginia, not far from Washington, DC, where we are slaves to a white Boxer named Lily, who thinks we live and breathe to buy new stuff for her to chew up. My husband is a Network Architect, and it’s a good thing because technology doesn’t like me. My son plans to be a famous hockey or football player, and my daughter will probably figure out a way to rule the world.

With scenes rolling nonstop in my head and my feet rarely on the ground, I should have realized that I was born to write much earlier in life, but alas, no. Not until I was on the wrong side of 40 did I hear the keyboard calling me. But then I tend to do things backwards.

When I decided to wrestle the stories in my imagination and dreams onto the page, my husband and kids encouraged me all the way. Even when I was in the middle of a heated battle with warriors and demons and forgot that people in the real world had to eat dinner and that dishes didn’t wash themselves, still my family supported me. Finally it paid off. After three years, eleven months and twenty-two days, I got THE CALL from my wonderful agent Christine Witthohn of  Book Cents Literary Agency, who is really Wonder Woman in disguise. A publisher wanted to buy my story. MY STORY!!! Not just one, but three of them. A new journey begins and I hope you’ll join me for the ride.

Some of my favorite things:

God -- Family (greatest family in the world) -- Diamonds (ooh la la, do I love diamonds)  --  Blue Jeans  --  Interior Decorating (I admit I have a fetish for beautiful mirrors)  --  Trees and Summer breezes (there’s nothing better than the wind whispering in the leaves on a warm, summer day, especially if you're curled up with a book) --  Reading --  Shopping for bargains (I buy so many they’re no longer a bargain. Can you say one in every color please?)  --  Junk food (trying to control that but not having much luck) --  The TV show LOST  --  Loreena McKennitt’s music  --  Mysteries and Romance… of course  --  And my fabulous editing partner, writer Dana Rodgers, another of my favorite things. I don’t know what I’d do without her.

Find The Author At ~
https://www.facebook.com/groups/AnitaClenneyWarriors/
Join Anita's Street Team

https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/138948-anita-clenney-s-book-clan
Join Anita Clenney's Book Clan



Find Sportochick At ~
Website | Twitter | Goodreads | Facebook | Amazon | BloglovinInstagram  |
Networked Blogs | Wordpress Pinterest (Book Reviews, Interviews, Promo)


No comments:

Post a Comment