Saturday, July 25, 2020

The Fiery Crown by Jeffe Kennedy

Sportochick's Musings ~ What a unique fantasy! I quite enjoyed this story with all its uniqueness and creative storyline.


                                    The Fiery Crown


by Jeffe Kennedy


Publisher ~ St. Martin's Press
Genres ~ Fantasy Romance, Sci-Fi & Fantasy



A queen and her rebel prince turn from enemies to lovers while evil forces plot to destroy them in this lush romantic fantasy.

Following The Orchid Throne, Conri and Lia’s marriage of convenience has turned into an uneasy alliance. If only the two leaders could agree on something. Driven by revenge, Conri wants to attack Emperor Anure before the tyrant gets to them first. But Lia needs to keep Calanthe safe, and refuses to sacrifice her kingdom. Their ongoing battle for control has built up tension they’re both more than happy to release in bed, the only place where they find common ground. But Conri and Lia are developing deeper feelings for each other that are complicating matters. In the second book in the Forgotten Empires trilogy, Conri and Lia find their loyalties torn, and with Emperor Anure’s threat growing, will they be able to risk everything with each other before it’s too late?


What a unique fantasy! I quite enjoyed this story with all its uniqueness and creative storyline. I haven't read the first book to this series though I want to go back to see how Conri and Lia’s marriage came about. 

There is a lot of tension between Conri and Lia in this book. From page one Conri seems like the typical alpha man wanting things his way but throughout the story your feelings will soften towards him as he begins to understand Lia's point of view. I applaud the author for how she is able to kept his the strong military leader personality and mindset while he softens towards Lia and her desires. 

Lia is quite amazing, her strength and what she hides from everyone is startling and I kept trying to get my head around it. I would really love a visual of her to see if my mind created the right image of her from the authors description. This character is the hardest to get my mind wrapped around. I can only imagine how hard it has been for her to lead and keep her people save.

Emperor Anure is a great villain! His desire to possess Lia is felt throughout the book and adds the suspense needed to keep this storyline from going flat.

I can’t wait the read the final book to this trilogy. I do recommend this series to Sci-Fi & Fantasy readers.


Received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review.



The Orchid Throne #1 - My Review
The Fiery Crown #2 - My Review
The Promised Queen #3 - My Review



   Website | Twitter | Goodreads | Facebook | Instagram  | Wordpress

No comments:

Post a Comment