Monday, September 14, 2015

Jax (Breaking the Declan Brothers #1) by Kelly Gendron


~ Categories ~ 
Contemporary Romance, MMA Fighters



“Some boys can get rough, some don’t always listen when you tell them to stop, and some boys, they’re just monsters. You gotta be careful who you play with…” ~ Jax Declan

I’m a tease, always have been. In my teens, Jax Declan tried to warn me about staying away from the bad boys. The only boy I ever wanted was Jax. But, no matter how much I tried to play with him, he rejected me. 

I haven’t seen Jax Declan in years. A couple friends and I are going back to the Bayou for the summer. A little older now, and a bit wiser, I’ve decided that I’m going to find my teenage crush and I’m going to break him. This summer Jax Declan will play with me.


But the closer I get and the more I learn about the reserved, discreet, and sexy Jax Declan. Well, I’m starting to think that Jax Declan might just be one of those bad boys he tried to warn me about all those years ago.

Warning ~ This book contains explicit sex scenes, graphic language, and is intended for mature audiences.


This book starts off dynamically with the intense prologue between a man and a women that helps set up some of the back story to this book. I love the first chapter that introduces the reader to the relationships between the 3 girlfriends Emmie, Rayna and Lurlene. This is a fun loving and devoted set of ladies that will lead the readers into the three books in the Breaking the Declan Brothers Series.

This book drew me in with Jax, the oh so polite darker responsible older brother, who has loved Emmie since she was a jailbait teenager and while waiting for her to grow up lost her before he could tell her. The author does a wonderful job of peeling away the personal history layers between Emmie and Jax throughout the book showing Jax as a person deep down who has loved only one person but was afraid of his intense sexual needs.

Emmie's character is quite fulfilling to me as she starts out wanting to break Jax who she always had a crush on. She is not afraid to flaunt her princess pageant body in a manner to get his attention without looking cheap. But I love how she changes directions when her heart kicks into gear and wants this man. 

This is full of story lines to keep you busy. So sit down and grab your favorite cup of coffee or tea and enjoy.


~ My Review of the Series ~
Jax (Breaking the Declan Brothers #1) ~ My Review
Slate (Breaking the Declan Brothers #2) ~ My Review
Zeke (Breaking the Declan Brothers #2) ~ My Review


Kelly’s motto ~ "Bad boys, give 'em a little time and experience, and they will evolve into misbehaving men!" And what hot-blooded woman doesn’t want a naughty, all grown up bad boy?

Kelly Gendron is the author of the TroubleMaker series, Breaking the Declan Brothers series, and she has a few other romantic suspense novels out there.

When she's not writing steamy, blush producing romances, she's out meeting new people while representing a group of reputable nursing facilities. You can find Kelly in a quiet suburb, somewhere between Buffalo and Niagara Falls, and if you Google her, she’ll pop up there too. And, please do find her. Kelly loves to hear from her readers! 

~ Find The Author At ~
Website | Twitter | Goodreads | Facebook | Google+



~ Find This Book At ~






~ Find This Book At ~

~ Find This Book At ~
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads






~ Find Sportochick At ~

No comments:

Post a Comment