Monday, February 29, 2016

REVIEW The Last Three Days by Willsin Rowe


The Last Three Days
by Willsin Rowe

But if they last three days… what then?


~ Audience 18+ ~
~ Categories ~ Erotica
~ Find This Book At ~ Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads


PLEASE NOTE: This story is highly romantic but it is NOT a Romance story. It breaks many of the rules and tropes of Romance. There are some key points to the story which could act as emotional triggers. All acts are consensual. 

In a seedy bar, in the rough end of town, the last thing successful lawyer Luther Prescott expected was a kick in the guts from fate. Full-bodied and warm-skinned, novice barmaid Opal Raye is like nobody he’s ever known. 

Still finding her feet in a new career, Opal can’t afford distractions. So when the chiseled man in the tailored suit cuts her deep with those steely eyes, she knows instantly whatever starts is destined to end in flames. 

His strength tells sweet lies about a future. 

Her succulence reminds him what hunger truly is. 

They have nothing in common. They can have no future. Yet want becomes need, need becomes addiction, until it threatens all they have, and all they are. 

With no other option, they turn to abstinence. 

Holed up together for a long weekend. 

Three days, two bodies, one goal. 

Oh, and no touching. 


But if they last three days… what then?



This author amazes me with his versatility plus the wide range and scope of his writings. In this story you will not find a typical erotica romance which most readers are accustom to reading. Instead it deals with an area that most of us are uncomfortable with. What do you do when you are so sexually attracted to a person that you can't keep your hands off them? What do you do if they are in a committed relationship? Does having nothing in common except this sexual need for each other really make you jump into a relationship with no chance of it working out? Is it possible that you can be this sexually attracted to someone and not come to love them.

I had so many questions as I read the book my head was spinning. There were times I wanted to stop reading because my religious and personal standards got pushed against the wall and then as the book went on my mind went ahhhhhhh. What if.....anything is possible and it is worth losing everything.

The emotional love scenes are superbly hot and graphic, the addictive push and pull sexual relationship between Opal and Luther will make you uncomfortable, sad, thoughtful, and seriously hot

I recommend you read this book to shake yourself up a bit and because of it's uniqueness.



I fall in love with a scent, a playful expression or an act of casual intimacy more easily than with physical beauty. When confronted by any combination of those I am a lost cause.
I have done many things over and over. I have done even more things only once. I have half-done more things than I care to admit.


I don't yet know if I can ski, speak Italian or keep calm in a life-threatening situation, but I have my suspicions.


I play bass in a swampy blues band. I love to sing and don't let my voice get in the way.


I am intelligent but not sensible. I am polite but inappropriate. I am passionate but fearful. I am honest but reticent. I am neither stylish enough nor scruffy enough to be cool.

~ Find The Author At ~ Website | Twitter | Goodreads | Facebook


~ Find Sportochick At ~ 
Website | Twitter | Goodreads | Facebook Networked Blogs | Tsu 



2 comments:

  1. Thank you once again, milady, for taking the time to read and review. I'm so glad you enjoyed this one, since as the warning says and you've noted, it's not necessarily for the faint-hearted. And thank you for dealing with the discomfort in a constructive manner, as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This book is spectacular in opening up parts of my mind that I had closed off. In a sense for me it it created a cleansing and deep-seated thoughtfulness.

      Delete