Thursday, February 11, 2016

REVIEW Slade by Eva Gordon


Slade

Team Greywolf #1

by Eva Gordon


The Book At ~ Amazon | B&N | Goodreads
Genres ~ Paranormal Shifter, Wolves


Runt, Cricket, is an honorary beta of Team Greywolf, an elite special ops branch of the Lycan Intelligence Agency. As a member, she poses as a human and collects forensic evidence. Because of her low rank, she is assigned in the rehabilitation of Prince Slade suffering from morphogenesis after his entire pack is murdered, and then his indoctrination as a member of their team. Babysit a psycho, domineering alpha? Not on her watch. To complicate matters, she lusts for Slade. Foolish. A runt can never take an alpha as a mate.

Slade has two choices. Honor his murdered kin and serve Team Greywolf, or once healed, obey King Conan and return to his territory with an alpha mate. Complicating his decision is his relentless desire for the hot sexy little she-wolf, Cricket.


Early into his recovery, Slade and Cricket are sent to investigate missing werewolves. An unstable werewolf seems hardly a match for a former Nazi werewolf bent on bringing on Ragnarok, the destruction of mankind.


Can they stop this evil regime, while conforming to pack law that forbids any chance of them fulfilling their desire for each other?




Having read and reviewed several books by this author I was very interested to read this new series. I was not disappointed in fact I am quite intrigued with her storyline. With Cricket being resistant to helping the Prince and him needing her to keep him from going into full morphogenesis the author kept me enthralled from start to finish.
This book opens at a fast pace and continues that way till the dramatic end. Scenes are described in great detail giving you a sense that you are right there as part of the happenings. There were some areas that were so graphic I almost wanted to close my eyes and not see what would happen instead I found myself just reading faster to see what came next.

I admired Cricket for her survival skills while living at home with her stepsisters and how she fought to get the title honorary Beta. Heroines like this are always top on my list when I am reading and this heroine, was a survivor, strong-willed, loving to those close to her, unwilling to give-up or die but also willing to walk away from love in order to do what was best for all.

Prince Slade was surprising in many ways but throughout the book he was shown as strong, somewhat bossy (hey he is a Prince), honorable, sexy, hot, hot and oh did I mention sexy. I feel he was a little bit of a brat in the beginning but after all the things that happened to him I felt he was allowed this character flaw. After hearing more of the story I revised my first impression and wondered how he would survive everything to help bring about change and protect others from suffering like he was. In the end I fell in love with him for how much strength he had to fight for those he loved and for his own survival. 

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and look forward to the next book in the series.
Received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review.

My Reviews of the Team Greywolf Series

Slade (#1) - My Review
Chernobyl Werewolf (#2) - My Review
Wolf Charmer (#3) - My Review



 Gordon writes genre bending paranormal/fantasy/steampunk and historical novels with a strong romantic element. She loves to create stories that combine her passion for mythology, steamy romance, and action/suspense. Her imagination takes her from one universe to the next. Thus far, she has several series lined up as well as single titles waiting in line for production.

Eva has a BS in Zoology and graduate studies in Biology. She once taught high school Biology, Environmental Science and Anatomy/Physiology. When not in her den writing, she can be found at steampunk conventions, at work at the raptor rehabilitation center, wolf sanctuaries, or to satisfy her inner Hemingway on some global eco-adventure.

Find The Author At ~

Find Sportochick At ~
Website | Twitter | Goodreads | Facebook | Amazon | BloglovinInstagram  |
Networked Blogs | Wordpress Pinterest (Book Reviews and Interviews)

No comments:

Post a Comment