Sunday, June 19, 2016

REVIEW Angel in Scarlet by Lavinia Kent

Angel in Scarlet
(Bound and Determined #4)
by Lavinia Kent
Published by: Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept
From the author of Mastering the Marquess comes another blazingly provocative Regency romance! Revenge may be a dish best served cold, but in this clash of wills, lust is a feast for the senses.

Find This Book At ~ Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads
Categories ~ historical romance, very mature audience 18+ 


After her dreams of wedding bells are dashed by a man she thought had serious intentions, Miss Angela Ripon must be satisfied. She plans to make him burn for her, and then to reject him as he rejected her. There’s only one woman who can teach Angela that sort of seduction: Madame Rouge—or Ruby, to the men who frequent her house of pleasure. The infamous madam agrees to help, but only after warning Angela that her target has very specific tastes. To trap her prey, she must shed every last inhibition.

Matthew Harkness, Earl of Colton, doesn’t mean to hurt the young admirers who flock to him. He simply isn’t interested in women who are too timid for his dark desires. He judged Angela to be like the others—tender, sweet, and innocent. So how to explain the change that has come over her? Matthew aches to teach Angela all he knows of earthly pleasures. But even as she offers the control he craves, perhaps this angelic beauty has a lesson or two to teach him.

Angel in Scarlet is intended for mature audiences. This ebook includes a special message from the editor, as well as an excerpt from another Loveswept title.

Excuse me while I fan myself.....okay so now that I can breath calmly again all I can say is wow. This was a most unusual story that I could not put down. I was spellbound between the interaction of Angela and the Earl of Colton.

I have a fondness for this series as it closely follows historical fact while adding the hidden spiciness that was never mentioned in that era.

Certainly the reader will enjoy an innocent young women being forward enough to seek revenge in an unorthodox manner such as I did. I could actually see myself as Angela. I would much prefer her than all the simpering young misses. I think I would of gone insane like Earl of Colton did as he looked for the perfect wife. This story brings into effect what young women are taught as far as intimacy, how they should act in that era and how it effected marriages. For me it raises the thought that if they were not brought up to suffer it, would mistresses of been in less demand or was it just that having one brings a man status.

This book was written with some intense, well written, scorching scenes and it even had a plot to it which adds more enjoyment to the story. The way Angela handled herself was priceless and no matter what Colton did she keep forward movement till she decided it was NOT to her liking. Bravo Angela.

Colton was searching for a wife that would meet all his dark physical needs and he just couldn't bring himself to settle. For him he didn't want a mistress once he married he wanted the one person that would match his desires. What I admired about him was that he was not willing to settle or lead someone on. He preferred to be unmarried and stay the was he was in spite of the desire to wed. It is refreshing to see a man so sure of himself that he could also be honest with himself about having his needs meet.

This book deals with seeing something that changes your life, revenge, stepping outside your comfort zone and getting your hearts desire.

I give it 5 STARS for the story and it's sensuality.

Do Angela and Colton find a way to be together in all ways? Well will you read the book to see?
a copy was gifted via Netgalley



My Reviews of the series ~ 
Mastering The Marquess (Bound and Determined, #1) My Review
Revealing Ruby (Bound and Determined, #1.5) ~ my review (not reviewed yet)
Bound by Bliss (Bound and Determined, #2)  ~ my review (not reviewed yet)
Sarah's Surrender (Bound and Determined, #2.5)  ~ my review (not reviewed yet)
Ravishing Ruby (Bound and Determined, #3) ~ my review (not reviewed yet)
Angel in Scarlet (Bound and Determined, #4) My Review
A Very Ruby Christmas (Bound and Determined, #4.5) My Review
Tangled in Sin (Bound and Determined #5) ~ My Review


Lavinia Kent is a former two-term president of the Washington Romance Writers and a four-time Romance Writers of America Golden Heart nominee. She lives in Washington, D.C., with her family and an ever-changing menagerie of pets.

~ Find the Author At ~


~ Find Sportochick At ~
Website | Twitter | Goodreads | Facebook | Barnes & Noble 
Amazon | BloglovinNetworked Blogs | Tsu Instagram  
Pinterest (Book Reviews and Interviews) 



No comments:

Post a Comment