Thursday, June 12, 2014

Master of Desire ~ Book Review ARC

Master of Desire: A domination and Submission Romance Anthology

Blurb ~

His every touch an imprint, His every word a potent command. To become His—both body and soul—is not to be owned. It is to be truly accepted. To belong. Only a precious few know the ecstasy of giving themselves over to the ultimate Dom.

Ten bestselling domination and submission romance authors. Nine sensual novelettes of seduction and submission in one collection. The Master of Desire awaits.


I was given this ARC for an honest opinion. So I feel it is only fair to break it down by book/author. This is an amazing compilation of stories and I found some amazing new writers to follow.


Anything He Requires by Michelle Fox ~ She thinks it’s just another job when wealthy businessman Jacob Daniels hires her to train his willful puppy, but the way he crushes her lips when they kiss says otherwise. Daniels has set his sights on dominating her, undertaking an irresistible seduction that leaves Jessica willing to do anything he requires.
My Review ~ One of my favorite authors Michelle did not disappoint me with this playful amusing story that opened up my eyes to many things. I really like how she walked the readers through this very sensual story with Daniel's explanations of what he was doing so Jessica would understand his needs. I also liked that Jessica was projected as strong as well as sub.  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As He Bids by Olivia Rigal ~ Applying for a summer internship at an upscale auction house just because she has a mad crush on one of the bosses, may be Career Fail 101 for Hannah.
My Review ~ Very interesting story line. I really like the sexual tension and interaction between Hannah and Bruce. Both characters are believable and the fact that they both were attracted to each other from afar for a very long time without either of their knowledge really added to the story. 

I also got very intrigued with Steven Goldsmith and James Evans with their hinted interaction with the very pregnant Laura. Really want to read a book about them and I want to find out more about Hannah and Bruce so hopefully there is a sequel.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please, Maestro by Penelope L'Amoreaux ~ Once a promising cellist, Avery lost her hearing and her dreams until her conductor offers to teach her to play again. Can she withstand his harsh lessons or will she be undermined by her own desires?
My Review I can't even talk... seriously this was one of the sexiest, hottest books I have read. I was spell bound from the 1st sentence. 

I love the way she worked in Avery's new deafness and music on her cello with her former conductor, David. But even more so it was so sensual without going into loads of graphic verbal detail leaving one's mind an opening to really expand on the words and actually feeling the music as she did.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Becoming Jane by Jordan Bell ~ Avery doesn't want the life her family insists on. She wants Oliver, the mysterious Dom she's never met but who knows her heart. He can't give her forever, but when she asks, he gives her one night.
My Review ~ Amazing how this writer who can take an over weight child to curvy women in a dysfunctional family to a secret BDSM relationship that is steamy and breaks your heart while having hope that there is a sequel so these two strangers can figure out a relationship. The ending is priceless. Expected but unexpected.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Master/Mistress by Hildred Billings ~ Two women, one exploring her true gender in the bedroom and the other an overworked businesswoman in the need of escape, embrace a domme/sub relationship under the darkness of Tokyo's hot nights.
My Review ~ This gender is not something that I read. I did try to read it but I couldn't connect with it so it wouldn't be fair for me to give an assessment of it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Submission Therapy by Katie Salidas and Willsin Rowe ~ Billionaire Natasha Blakely is a control freak, fraying at the edges. When her therapist prescribes Submission Therapy she reluctantly agrees. Will she learn the sublime ecstasy of true submission?
My Review ~ This is my first BDSM type book with a male writer. I really think Katie Salidas and Willsin Rowe did a great job together. Unexpected emotional, sexy story line that not only changed Natasha's life but taught me a lesson as well. I have meet people like Natasha, heck I use to be like her to some extent. 

My favorite expression is "A Dom is not someone who has experienced a life of riches. He's a man whose life is rich with experiences." Priceless.......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Master's Exploits: Night Two by Jessi Bond ~ Dalton Alexander: alpha male, experienced dominant, alluring master. He wants to turn his memoirs into erotic BDSM fiction, and ghostwriter Grace Reynolds is just the women for the job.
My Review ~ Very interesting story concept with some depth to the writing as well as very erotic descriptions of his life. Want to read The Master's Exploits: Night One so I downloaded it just to see what happened before this story and then of course very curious to see what happens between Dalton and his ghostwriter in a sequel. This is one of those intriguing stories that you don't 5 star love but you just need to read more. The Master's Exploits: Night Three is out so of course I got it. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Stealing Aubrey by Candy Quinn ~ He needs to have her, to possess her. Just barely into adulthood, the beautiful young woman is screaming for him to take her, utterly. With his new wealth, he plans to do just that.
My Review ~ Older man is crazy about a younger girl just turned 18. For some reason I had a hard time connecting to this story. The blurb does bring you into wanting to read the story but I got stuck on the older man younger girl scenario. Don't let this stop you from reading it, as there were some well written areas I did enjoy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unwritten Submission by Elsa Day ~ Amy has managed to sneak into the most secretive club in town. The story would save her journalism job, but her plans change when she meets J. He wants to be her new Dom. But will Amy submit?
My Review ~ The storyline from the blurb was good but some areas within the story were weak, such as her not doing her research before going to The Sanctuary. No journalist would ever be that unprepared. J's character was much more believable. But the ending was great and seriously I want to read the next book.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ Find This Book At ~ 


No comments:

Post a Comment