Friday, March 11, 2016

Book Blogger Hop - March 11th - 17th Check my answer

Book Blogger Hop
The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly hop hosted by Rambling of a Coffee Addicted Writer

Rules

1. Post on your blog answering the weekly question.
2. Enter the link to your post in the linky list found on Rambling of a Coffee Addicted Writer. (enter your Blog Name and the direct link to your post answering this week’s question. Failure to do so will result in removal of your link).
3. Visit other blogs in the list and comment on their posts. Try to spend some time on the blogs reading other posts and possible become a new follower.  The purpose of the hop is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog.

This week’s question is submitted by Vicki Lee at VZLBooks!

March 11th - 17th - Do you believe audio books are the future and why do believe? (submitted by Vicki Lee)

Audio books and even eBooks can not replace the feel and smell of a real book. Real books don't lose power when they aren't plugged in. I believe that audio books have their place in the future but it will still be the same as today. Since I have Sjogren's Syndrome my future has the likelihood of blindness due to my medication so I have come to accept that audio books will be in my future.

Audio books are great to listen to while you are ill, work, drive, exercise, travel or want to ignore someone.Audio books to me have a major limitation and that is the narrator. If the narrator is bad then they can cause the audio sales to lag. I listen to quite a few audio books but I also have the book and I switch back and forth between the two. Some narrators have actually caused me to quit listening to some audio books because they were so bad it actually turned me off to the book.

When I listen to audio books I have found the best way to do so is a noise cancelling wireless headset. It removes all distraction and fully engages the mind. This also allows me to do other things like, sew, design, cook and clean house.

~ Find Sportochick At ~ 
| Barnes&Noble | Bloglovin' | Amazon 

10 comments:

  1. You know, you've made a VERY important point about narrators! I don't listen to a lot of audio books, so I haven't come across that many bad narrators, but I can see how that would REALLY turn someone off a book.

    Audio books are indeed convenient in the situations you've mentioned, but I'm glad you also agree with me that there's no other format that can compare with the printed word!

    Thanks for dropping by and commenting on my own BBH post! Happy Reading!! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria thanks for stopping by. They are for sure convenient.

      Delete
  2. I like audio for the same reasons. Great for driving and cleaning and while cooking. :)

    LOL on using them to ignore someone.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Elizabeth. Yes they sure do let you multitask while you clean house or non thinking tasks.

      Delete
  3. You're absolutely right about narrators! I think if I could just have my favourite voices narrate books, I might be more inclined to use audiobooks, but as it stands, I don't think I'll ever understand it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lulu thanks for stopping by. I had one book that the guy swore all the time. It turned me off listening to it but the same book I was able to read and the swearing though annoying fit the story.

      Delete
  4. I've only listened to a handful of books on audio. Those that were books I would have read anyway - well I guess the narrators did not stand out as bad, so that's good then, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great. Trust me if the narrator was bad you mind would of screeched at you ;) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. I laughed when I got to your comment about audibooks being great for ignoring people. That is so true! Which is one of the big reasons I do not get a chance to listen to audiobooks very often. It would mean ignoring my daughter.

    A bad narrator really can ruin a book, but sometimes I really good one can make a book better than my actually reading it on my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do agree about that. You get carried away with their voice and the drama of it. Thanks Literary Feline for stopping by.

      Delete