Friday, March 18, 2016

Book Blogger Hop: March 18th - 24th Check us out

Book Blogger Hop
The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly hop hosted by Rambling of a Coffee Addicted Writer

Rules

1. Post on your blog answering the weekly question.
2. Enter the link to your post in the linky list found on Rambling of a Coffee Addicted Writer. (enter your Blog Name and the direct link to your post answering this week’s question. Failure to do so will result in removal of your link).
3. Visit other blogs in the list and comment on their posts. Try to spend some time on the blogs reading other posts and possible become a new follower.  The purpose of the hop is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog.

This week’s question is submitted by Elizabeth at Silver’s Reviews!

March 18th - 24th - Has your contact with authors usually been in person, via e-mail, social media, or something else?

I have had contact with authors in all ways except a phone call. Usually it is through Facebook, Twitter or Goodreads but it is getting to be a lot more through my email as I do more reviews I get more contacts from my reviews. Also, I have received books and such from authors as well.

My favorite interaction is through Facebook because we can use the messaging system and you create a closeness not achieved by emails. I also like the instant gratification of quicker replies.

Also as far as Publishers go it is through email as most often they contact me for the author. But I have been known to contact Authors who approach me first for Author Interviews for this blog.

As you can tell I love Social Media! So what about you?

~ Find Sportochick At ~ 
| Barnes&Noble | Bloglovin' | Amazon 

10 comments:

  1. I hope you get a phone call soon! Would be awesome. :D Thanks for sharing!

    Here's mine: http://www.bemusedbookworm.com/home/caw-book-blogger-hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I get a phone call I will most likely have swoon. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. A phone call would definitely be interesting! Most of my communication is through email and really it's more often publishers than authors but it's still exciting! I can see where the Facebook interaction would feel closer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel close and I do love getting answers quicker for things I am working on regarding them.

      Delete
  3. Social media seems to be a pretty common way to meet authors, as they contact bloggers in order to get their books reviewed.

    I've met many authors through book tours I have hosted. As you know from my own post, I've also met a few in person at local book events.

    Happy Reading!! Thanks for commenting on my BBH post!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't met any authors on Facebook...something to look into.

    Have a good weekend.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine talking to an author on the phone. I suppose you never know though. I know of someone who called an author up at home to talk about her book--the author was actually listed, can you believe it?! I can't see myself ever doing anything that bold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never do anything like that. If they ask for my phone number and want to talk to me then of course I would. Thanks for visiting Literary Feline.

      Delete