Friday, April 22, 2016

Book Blog Hop April 22nd - 28th - How many books?

Book Blogger Hop
How many books do you normally read in a month?

The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly hop hosted by Rambling of a Coffee Addicted Writer

Rules

1. Post on your blog answering the weekly question.
2. Enter the link to your post in the linky list found on Rambling of a Coffee Addicted Writer. (enter your Blog Name and the direct link to your post answering this week’s question. Failure to do so will result in removal of your link).
3. Visit other blogs in the list and comment on their posts. Try to spend some time on the blogs reading other posts and possible become a new follower.  The purpose of the hop is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog.

This week’s question is submitted by Elizabeth at Silver’s Reviews!


I have no easy answer for this because I randomly travel for work and when I am working I work 10 hour days 6 days a week. So that being said....... I am not normal. So I can't give a definite number.

When I read, I read the whole book at once. I will even lose sleep so I can finish the book. Now doing the book review sometimes I will read 6 books then go back and review which is a pain because I start to get them mixed up. 

Audio books are an exception. I listen to them when I work so it may take 2 days to listen to them but I usually go back a chapter when I start again the next day to refresh my brain to the plot. Also audio books I listen to over and over and over...ESPECIALLY is they are good.

There are days I read 4 books and days I don't have time to read long books so I pick novellas so I can still read and get some sleep. But I would have to say I probably average one a day but only review a handful of them.

Thanks for stopping by. How many books do you read? Leave a comment with your blog address so I can stop by for a visit.

Smiles Sprinkled With Joy,
Teri aka Sportochick

~ Find Sportochick At ~
Website | Twitter | Goodreads | Facebook | Barnes & Noble 
Amazon | BloglovinNetworked Blogs | Tsu Instagram  
Pinterest (Book Reviews and Interviews) 

10 comments:

  1. I wish I could read a whole book in one setting! I am just not a fast enough reader. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stormi I bet you love reading though and that is the most important part. It's not about speed. There are times I wish I could slow down but my brain can't process that way.

      Delete
  2. I'd have trouble finding time to read too if I had your schedule! You must be exhausted at the end of the week! I stay up late devouring books sometimes too :) Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim thanks for stopping buy. Sometimes after my 10 hr days I actually read a whole book and go to bed around 4 am. It relaxes me.

      Delete
  3. I wish I had the time to do books in one settings. I have weekends where I basically do nothing but read all weekend long. I try to avoid speed reading because I tend to blur books after a few weeks if I'm tearing through them like crazy. But I love audiobooks. I just wish they didn't take four times as long as it does for me to read a book.

    Hope you have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by earlier!

    Kristine @ The Writer's Inkwell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I hate that the audio books take so much longer then reading but with my 10 hours days it helps me concentrate as I sew and solve sewing problems.

      Delete
  4. Hi,
    I get in book slumps, I can read 5 -7 books in 2 weeks, then maybe 2 in 2 weeks. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Sherrie. I once got in a book slump for several years. Boy was that a bad several years.

      Delete
  5. GREAT answer!! I really admire your tenacity! I don't think I'd be able to read books in one sitting, if it meant losing sleep....

    It's wonderful that you're able to get your reading in through audio books! Depending on what you're doing at the same time, audio books are a very convenient way to get your reading done.

    I like the cute graphic of the exhausted reader! Too cute!!

    Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Maria. I always enjoy your comments.

      Delete